Aicent WiFi Architecture
Aicent WLAN roaming service solution is implemented over a network platform, which consists of a dedicated and mutually integrated GPRS Roaming eXchange / Wireless Roaming Intermediary eXchange (GRX/WiFi Roaming) network and its related data clearing and settlement services, shown in Figure 1 below. This network is designated for mobile operators and is a secured and managed IP network. Aicent network has been successfully used for GPRS/UMTS roaming, CDMA data roaming, and is ready for WiFi roaming.
Using Aicent's WiFi Roaming service solution, an operator only needs ONE connection (either leased line or IPVPN) to access all of the services available to the operator, including:
- WLAN roaming service
- Clearing and Settlement
- Inter-working service (MMS, IMS, PTT, IM, Mobile VoIP)
- Inter-standard roaming service (GPRS/UMTS/CDMA/WLAN)
The Aicent WiFi Roaming Architecture:
Aicent WiFi Roaming Architecture includes the following key components:
- Designated, secured and managed private IP transport backbone infrastructure.
- NAI routing for AAA packets enabled by centrally managed RADIUS proxy.
- Data clearing and settlement reporting.
- Web-based administration operational support system.
- Inter-standard roaming solution.