Aicent WiFi Roaming eXchange Service
Wi-Fi Offload Solution
Operator Challenge: The rapid adoption of smart devices including phones and tablets continues to grow at an exponential rate and along with it, a dramatic rise in the demand for data as subscribers enhance their user experience by downloading applications, video, music and access to social media outlets at ever increasing amounts.
In an effort to maintain high levels of service quality for subscribers, today’s mobile operators have deployed strategies to offset the enourmous demands being placed on their cellular networks. .
Aicent’s Wi-Fi Domestic Offload Solution: Built upon an all-inclusive, next-generation IPX network, Aicent’s Mobile Data Offloading solution utilizes Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming Platform to extend a mobile operator’s reach through hundreds of Wi-Fi hotspots made possible through extensive arrangments Aicent has developed with over 200 global operators. Mobile subscribers will experience high quality data connections, without placing additional demands on mobile networks, as they move seamlessly between Wi-Fi networks.
Built upon a secure, high quality and resilient private IP network dedicated for global wireless roaming and interworking, Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming platform delivers a complete solution to operators making mobile Wi-Fi roaming as seamless as 3G data roaming.
Domestic Mobile Data Offload Features:
- Billing/settlement based upon different aspects such as duration or volume
- Supports different authentication methods such as user ID and password, or EAP-SIM/AKA
- Integrates domestic Wi-Fi offload service according to operator requirements
- Accesses 3G/4G data network over Wi-Fi with either iWLAN or VPN
- Provides advanced monitoring and reporting system
- Offers value added Wi-Fi services including international Wi-Fi roaming
International Mobile Data Offload
Through Aicent’s extensive network of global Wi-Fi operators and automated authentication process, mobile operators are equipped with the necessary tools to construct a comprehensive Wi-Fi roaming system that keeps their subscribers connected as they migrate between Wi-Fi hotspots world-wide.
Key advantages Aicent Wi-Fi Roaming:
- Aicent owns and operates the entire infrastructure required for Wi-Fi Roaming fully integrating the interconnection, clearing, and financial settlement interfaces, and is deployed in all major continents - Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas. This complete infrastructure allows Aicent to provide the highest levels of service quality while passing along cost savings to customers.
- The Aicent Connection Manager supports both legacy AAA and SS7 by using standard RADIUS, MAP signaling and TAP3 billing interfaces, making mobile Wi-Fi roaming consistent and scalable.
- Aicent Connection Manager supports various types of networks including: WISPr1.0, 802.1x
- Enables seamless authenticated roaming on Wi-Fi networks including user ID and password, or EAP-SIM/AKA
- Able to fully integrate into a mobile infrastructure (authentication, billing/settlement)
- No equipment changes required from operators
- Advanced Wi-Fi roaming monitoring and trouble-shooting
- Fast service roll out for operators
Aicent Connection Manager
Aicent’s Connection Manager quickly connects smart devices including smartphones and tablets to Wi-Fi networks located in high traffic areas including: Hotels, Airports, Convention Centers, Retail Establishments, and Small Businesses, provided by Aicent’s world-wide roaming partners located in over 115 countries around the world.
A single client software for all types of networks: Aicent Connection Manager supports both legacy username/password based authentication and SIM based authentication (such as EAP-SIM/EAP-AKA) in one client, enabling seamless authentication and access to any type of Wi-Fi network.
Aicent Connection Manager Benefits
- Supports seamless authentication roaming on Wi-Fi Networks
- Avoids a different web browsing experience while visiting various networks
- Simplifies the login procedure, conveniently queries nearby hotspot locations
- Provides extensive Wi-Fi roaming coverage
- Able to customize CM according to operator’s requirements
Fully integrates into current mobile network infrastructures
The Aicent Connection Manager supports both legacy AAA and SS7 by using standard RADIUS, MAP signaling and TAP3 billing interfaces, making mobile Wi-Fi roaming consistent and scalable.
Aicent Wi-Fi Roaming eXchange Service covers operators located worldwide through either direct connection or peering, including some tier one operators, e.g. China Mobile, China Telecom, NTT DOCOMO, Korea Telecom, PCCW, and Orange France.
Key Technical Features:
Centrally Managed RADIUS Proxy
- Flexible NAI Routing Control
- Retry Policy Control.
- Standard Compliance with High Flexibility
- RADIUS Proxy Redundancy
- RADIUS Proxy Failover Process
- Service Level Agreement
Supporting All Wi-Fi Roaming Recommended IOT
- Time of day
- Day of week
- Duration of WLAN roaming usage
- Volume of uploaded/downloaded date
- Quality of service
- A wholesale rate using different increments - or stair stepped tariffs - on the charging base
Redundant Billing Database
- Aicent has redundant billing database servers for all customers.
Full Range Web Reports
- Beyond basic Wi-Fi Roaming defined data clearing and financial clearing flows, Aicent also provides the full range of web reports to each customer. The reports are available online through our customer login portal.
- Organized by month to enable customer to get historical data.
- Support multiple customer logins
- Tailored to a variety of functional perspectives the customer may require including Business, Financial and Technical categories of reports
Additional Data Roaming Traffic Analysis Report
- Aicent also provides additional advanced data roaming traffic analysis reports to its customers to provide in-depth analysis of operator's traffic patterns. These reports are specially designed with pie chart, bar chart, or other visual presentation to provide user-friendly output.
- Data Roaming Traffic Analysis Reports include:
- Geographic Regional Traffic Analysis Report Suite - These reports provide total number of data sessions and volume summed for incoming or outgoing by each roaming partner operator grouped by region and country
- End-user Behavior Analysis Report Suite - These reports provide statistics on session time, terminating octets, originating octets, terminating SDB octets, originating SDB octets, service class, always on and terminated reason, etc. for all end-users.
System Behavior Analysis Report Suite - These reports provide analysis on data roaming system behavior, such as IP Technology, security level, etc.